This is the application for our 2018 tour. Our tour dates are Saturday May 5 and Sunday May 6, 2018. Deadline for entry is August 31, 2017.
The mission of the Lake Scugog Studio Tour (LSST) is to provide discerning, curious, original-art lovers with an engaging art experience and an opportunity to purchase original, high-quality artwork.
The Lake Scugog Studio Tour had an exceptional year in 2017 with a range and diversity of experienced artists and artisans. In 2017 we introduced our “emerging artist” category for artists who have had limited showing and selling experience, and we will continue with this category for 2018. We are on the lookout for additional studio sites and welcome returning and new artists! Engaging and eclectic is what we are all about.
Benefits of Joining the Lake Scugog Studio Tour.
- Promotion of your work and exhibition site in a full colour tour booklet.
- Representation on the LSST website, social media sites and e-newsletters.
- Meeting, networking and working with a welcoming and supportive group of experienced artists.
- Feedback about your art from visitors.
- Bank fees aside, the pool of application fees goes entirely to marketing the tour with a wide variety of media including our website, paid ads on social media, radio, arts & culture publications, signs, banners, posters, postcards and our tour book. We also hold memberships with Scugog Council for the Arts and Scugog Chamber of Commerce, and benefit from those supporting relationships.
- Other exhibition opportunities within the community and beyond.
- A well-organized tour with 19 years of experience.
Terms of Joining the Lake Scugog Studio Tour.
- Provide an art piece valued between $50 – $150 for our site prizes
- Site Artists must have a studio or reside in the proximity of Lake Scugog, with Port Perry being the hub of the tour.
- Ideally (but not necessarily), Site Artists are able to host one or more Guest Artists and have a working studio.
- Site Artists may recommend Guest Artists for their own site. Final assignment will be at discretion of the Jurying Committee.
- Guest Artists from any location may apply.
- Since this is an artist-run tour, artists must be willing to assist with committee tasks in preparation for the tour.
- Work submitted in the application form must be consistent with the finished work that will be shown in the tour.
- Application form to be submitted electronically by August 31, 2017.
- Site and Guest Artists pay $175 admission fee, Emerging Artists pay $75 admission fee.
- Fee payable at time of application. We accept on-line credit card payment, e-transfer and cheques sent by snail mail.
Getting Prepared to Fill Out Our On-Line Form
- Write a 25-word artist statement in 1st person singular (written as you talking about yourself) for use on your page on our website and in our tour booklet.
- Provide a biography written in 3rd person (written as someone talking about you), also for use on your webpage and for use in social media. This information is important to our jury!
- Take great photos of your work! We are jurying them and using them in our promotion of the tour. High-resolution jpegs are the only format we accept.
- We highly recommend that you do not include images that include advertising copy, digital framing or effects, or any thing that will take away from the work itself. Avoid cluttered backgrounds.
- Plan to upload 4-7 images
- Have ready information about each image; the title, medium, size, year produced, selling price.
- Prepare your images in high-resolution jpeg format and title them before you upload them with the following format (ArtistFirstName, ArtistLastName, Title, # 1-7)
- We will process refunds to anyone not accepted onto the tour after the jurying process. Our cost to administer payment and a refund is $15, therefore that amount will be deducted from your refund.
- You can save your entry as you go and come back to it at any time. Hit SEND only once. You will get a confirmation email of your entry. Wait a day. Check your spam folder.
Accepted Artist Be Prepared To:
- Demonstrate and discuss their work during the tour, and provide the information for the promotion of our demonstrations.
- Give away an art piece valued between $50 – $150 or a gift certificate if your work is valued above $150, for our site prize package at each site.
- Display, merchandise and sign your work.
- Provide additional images and information for ongoing website and social media advertising.
- Provide a display sample of artwork for promotional purposes (Port Perry storefronts).
Approximate boundaries for the LSST Site Artists